Quick mid-week routine for a soft, shiny, and defined twist out October 14 2014
If you are a twist out fan like myself and don’t have time for a full mid-week overhaul, here’s a quick and easy routine that gave me a super soft, shiny, and defined twist out.
- Co-wash with your favourite conditioner mixed with your favourite oil
- Condition again to remove some of the oil
- Seal with oil and twist hair into large sections and let your hair relax and air dry a bit. (I ended up forgetting about my hair because I was watching Scandal! )
- Section hair and smooth on your choice of styler/butter.
- Because my hair is prone to shrinkage (75%) I stretch my hair by pinning up the twists
- Cover with a silk scarf
- When dry, untwist and separate for a soft and defined twist out
In total, this routine took me 25 minutes (not including the time I spent indulged with Scandal) and I rocked this twist out for 3 days! That’s a pretty good return on investment.
If you have low porosity hair that is prone to build up – be aware that regular co-washing may create additional buildup and lead to dull hair.
What’s your signature quick tip for mid-week routines? We’d love to hear them.
The post Quick mid-week routine for a soft, shiny, and defined twist out appeared first on Roots to Curls.